180 Post Road East, Westport, CT 06880 | P: 203-635-2529 | F: 203-226-6113
180 Post Road East, Westport, CT 06880
P: 203-226-3442 | F: 203-635-2529
Estate Planning Lawyer in New York and Connecticut, including Stamford & Westport
There is a point in most people’s lives when they feel a responsibility to plan for the care of their loved ones and the orderly disposition of their property after their death.
In order to fulfill this responsibility properly, with due care and attention to detail, it is important to secure the services of a lawyer who is knowledgeable about estate planning and the tax consequences of various estate planning vehicles. As a firm that confidently handles estate planning matters, we at the law office of Brad M. Aron are prepared to help individuals and families consider all the estate planning options available to fulfill their intent while minimizing the tax consequences upon their surviving family members.
Our law practice provides estate planning, probate and estate administration services. We have extensive knowledge of the complex network of laws governing wills and trusts, gifts and estate planning. We use this knowledge to help clients fulfill their short-term and long-term asset management and asset transfer goals.
Our estate planning services include:
- Drafting of wills and living wills
- Drafting of trusts, including living trusts, revocable and irrevocable trusts, life insurance trusts, charitable remainder trusts, special (supplemental) needs trusts and qualified domestic trusts
- Drafting of documents that establish a health care proxy and durable power of attorney (this enables someone to make medical decisions when they cannot and provide direction for end of life care)
- Review of life insurance policies and life insurance needs
- Executor and trustee services
- Gift planning
- Estate planning for non-married individuals
- Estate planning for diverse/alternative family relationships
- Estate planning for non-U.S. citizens
- Estate tax planning and tax minimization
Probate and Estate Administration
We offer comprehensive probate and estate administration services to clients throughout the Westport area. Our handling of probate cases includes thoroughly explaining the probate process, filing all paperwork and preparing required tax forms. When dealing with estate administration issues, we confidently assess the disposition of personal property or real estate, and handle the distribution of the property to the proper beneficiaries or heirs.
Business Succession Planning
We assist clients who own and manage family businesses to prepare for the transfer of a business to the next generation. For example, family limited-liability companies and family limited partnerships may be set up and used to transfer valuable business assets to family members to take advantage of beneficial tax laws while still allowing the transferor to retain control over the assets. This business succession strategy can minimize gift taxes on the transfer and estate taxes on the death of the transferor. We also handle the drafting of buy-sell agreements that address the future of the business after a family member who is also an owner passes away.
Contact us to discuss the variety of estate planning vehicles that can be used and the circumstances under which those tools are most appropriate for the transfer of assets or management of a business.